Styles by Arica Hart Beauty Blog Topics include protective hair styles, Hair care, Beauty, Fashion, Motivation, Trendy hair styles, crochet braids, and Lets talk. Don't be stressed, look your best, and step out fresh with a hair Styles by Arica Hart. Hair Stylist | Beauty Blogger
The holiday season is approaching fast. Sometimes we get stressed out from trying to make sure we have that perfect gift. We are so busy running from store to store, that it seems as if we don't have time to breath. We have to get the latest toys for those little one & latest gadgets for everyone else. Well stop & take time to breathe. This year make out a budget & stick to it.
Plan to spend no more than a certain amount & stick to it. You may want to look in the sales paper & catch bargains that will save you from running up credit card debt. There are so many stores trying to get your business. They compete against each other to give the lowest prices to get you in their store... Make sure when you go in the store, you get the item you went for & don't add a lot of other things to the carton unless they are necessary.
You don't want to end up so stressed out that you can't enjoy Christmas. If you are not sure what to get, give them a pre-paid Visa card or gift certificate to a place they like; such as, a restaurant, clothing store, toy store, gym, or salon. Most CHILDREN love TOYS (point blank) !! You give children CLOTHES, they may look at it like " WHAT'S THIS"? THEY MAY EVEN ASK YOU, WHERE IS MY TOY"? LOL - You know how children are!! You may also want to get children something that will benefit them later in life; such as, savings bonds. Invest in their future for Christmas. Teenagers & adults, on the other hand, love gadgets, clothes, to work out, relax & feel positive about themselves. A nice outfit or day at a salon will make them look good; as well as, feel good from the relaxing scalp massage while going through the shampoo process. That helps a lot of people relieve stress. I've heard men & women say that is one of the best parts of a salon visit. So you decipher, what's best for your family & friends needs & desires, but be budget conscious of your choices.
The holidays are about appreciating our many blessings. So, I say to you, be careful not to put to much stress on yourself by overspending for CHRISTMAS . Start earlier & look for great bargains. Look like a million bucks while keeping to your budget.
10 TIPS ON HOLIDAY SPENDING BELOW:
1- DO A BUDGET ANALYSIS:
* Determine your disposable income ( money you have after paying taxes)
* Determine your Discretionary income (money that's left after paying utilities, food, house note (rent), & other necessities) This is money you can save or put on holiday shopping)
2- SET A LIMIT TO WHAT YOU SPEND:
* stick to that budget
* use a list to avoid impulse buying
* try not to excessively use credit cards because you will be paying for it in January
3- START SHOPPING EARLY:
*Don't wait until Black Friday - some stores start sells before than online.
*This helps you beat the hustle & bustle of being in a crowded department store as well.
* If you don't like using your credit card online, you can always buy a prepaid card to use.
4- COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS: (MAKE SURE THE BENEFITS OUT WAY THE COST):
* STORES THAT MATCH PRICES - you may not want to travel a long distance to a store, just to get a lower price, because a store closer to you may do price matching. That will save you money on gas & time. ( don't let the cost of driving out of the way eat your savings on the gift you purchase )
* SAVING BONDS - the value of the bond may increase over years giving the person you give it to a greater benefit.... (Study the type of saving bonds you choose to give as a gift.)
5- MAKE THE GIFT:
* bake a cake or pie
* sew something
* build something
* make a gift basket
* be creative
6- DRAW NAMES:
* it cuts down on the number of gifts, if you have a large family
7- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF REWARD POINTS:
* some credits card companies offer points to get a discount on an item or even get something free.
* some cell phone companies offer reward points as well.
8- CHRISTMAS SAVINGS PLAN:
* start saving early for next year
* set a certain amount each month in a CHRISTMAS savings account
9- LOOK FOR DISCOUNT CODES (promotional codes) :
* you can find them online or on your mobile apps
10- SEASONAL PART-TIME JOB:
* to make extra money for Christmas
BE BLESSED & HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!
DO YOU LIKE TO CHRISTMAS SHOP? WHAT ARE SOME TIPS YOU HAVE ON SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS? SHARE YOUR TIPS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW: